5.31.2011

Spring Pasta Mashup

This is a flavor conflicted dish, born of few ingredients and a desperate hunger.

I started out by finely mincing 3 garlic scapes, which I added to a bowl with one minced clove of garlic, just to punch up the flavor. Added to that was a half a cup of plain greek yogurt, a tablespoon of lemon juice, a handful of crumbled goat cheese, and some crushed black pepper.

After I mixed that all up, I added in a quarter of a red onion, diced. Meanwhile, the water was getting boiling on the stove for pasta. I used rotini. I had some leftover cooked butternut squash, which was cubed, so once the pasta was done and drained, I mixed that and the yogurt dressing in. I sprinkled some dried sage over the whole thing, and voila! Dinner!
It's an interesting dish, not ingredients I would usually pull together. It turned out well though, with the squash lending its subtle sweetness against the tang of garlic and red onion. The yogurt and goat cheese gave it a light creaminess. All in all, yum, especially with a glass of chardonnay.

No comments:

Post a Comment