5.31.2011

In Between Days

What a busy weekend. Sorry I'm already failing at updating regularly. Life seems to get the best of me. I flew out to Kansas City for Memorial Day weekend, as my cousin was getting married. A lovely ceremony and the reception was a blast. I love spending time with my family! Here's the view of downtown from the 40th floor:
 And here's me, all gussied up:
The dress is handmade vintage (from the Nitty Gritty, in Louisville). It's the most amazing tone-on-tone rose-embossed silk brocade, with a lovely low-cut back. The peep-toe heels are Frye, and super comfortable. Earrings borrowed from my mama, thrifted bracelets from Unique. Went with a simple side-swept updo and cat-eye liner.

I feel fortunate to have such a large and loving family. It was wonderful to witness my cousin's union with her fiance, as they are such a sweet match, but very realistic about the true nature of partnership in their marriage, which I admire. I wish them the best :)

Another food post shortly, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment